Saturday, February 24, 2007

What people think or what I think... does it matter?


Hello!

Pull up a chair!

Would you like a drink? How about an ice cold root beer?

[and don't forget to use a coaster]

Welcome to my first post in the world of blogging. Well actually this won't be your usual blog. Unless you like reading someone's thoughts in colloquial jargon composed of poor sentence structure. What? That's what a blog is? OK then... this is my blog!

Can you believe how many people have blogs? And it's not like people have things th
at are uber-important or insightful to state (myself included) but the sheer quantity of blogs leaves me thinking about how many people in the world want to be heard.

As of late, I've been wondering what people think... mind you it's for really something stupid. I've been searching for people's thoughts about my favorite TV shows. Like what people are saying about the latest episode of Lost? Some people put a lot of time and effort dissecting every little wrinkle of the show... and you thought I was weird wondering what people think about my TV shows.

I also wonder what some fans of the Office (the US Version of course) are saying about the funny pranks being pulled on the show. I believe I have an eclectic taste in TV shows and that's probably why I end up watching them at home on my computer alone. After I finish a good episode, I don't discuss it with people until the next day at the "water cooler" and I guess I seek out what people are saying.


Yeah I know, I should throw away my TV. It's evil, it's the devil, it will my kill my brain
(or if you prefer in German). But I have so little that makes me happy as watching and witnessing what a Human Pavlovian experiment might look like. OK maybe if this trick could be done... that would be funnier.

Another feature of this blog will be my inclusion of videos and links that I find equally as amusing. Like how hard it is for someone to go without their electronic devices for 40 hours...

I love sports. My first love is baseball and the Oakland Athletics. So yes, aside from 1989, I've been disappointed a lot in my team. It might be easier to take if they always didn't make the playoffs and lose in the first round all the time. But that stopped last year as they finally won a playoff series (only to get swept by the Tigers)... oh well... at least I can tell a good pitcher from a bad pitcher. I also like soccer. I've adopted this team from the English Premiership as my own, though I'm also following how this one does as well.

I really hate badly made commercials... especially the ones with bad music. First it was John Mellencamp and his "Our Country" song and now it's the stupid car commercial for President's Day with the awful remixed "Hail to the Chief" theme music. You know what I'm talking about... this guy knows what I'm talking about...

What you don't think it's annoying yet...? Click and listen! If you read the comments, some people actually like it....

[shaking my head]


Now if someone made a commercial based on this "Presidential" clip... that would be genius.

So much to say... so much sarcasm left dish out... but this is only the first post...

More later... Out Loud

LeeZy







No comments: