Sunday, February 25, 2007

Oscar Night 2007

First a couple things from SNL last night hosted by Rainn Wilson... The Monologue was the best, if you happen to be a fan of the Office like me :)

SNL - Rainn Wilson's Monologue

SNL - Digital Short - Business Meeting


SNL - White Possum Scream

I've always thought that the most hottest hot sauce in the world was Dave's Gourmet Private reserve that comes in a wooden casket... Nope, I was wrong. Not even close.

So I'm watching the Oscars... not that bad so far... i
t's actually less full of itself than other years. They always always always kiss their own asses every year and after last year when Crash won the best movie award (over Brokeback Mountain), I lost all respect for this institution. That movie just made me sick about the world, the hate, and the violence. When Brokeback Mountain reminded me that the world was all about love and being happy... or at least looking for all that.

I'm am so glad Alan Arkin won for best supporting actor in Little Miss Sunshine. If you haven't seen it, see with a bunch of your friends or better yet, your family.

West Bank Story won for best live action short film. The guy who accepted for it said it was a musical comedy set in the fast-paced, fast-food world of competing falafel stands in the West Bank. Damn, that alone makes me want to see it now.

Hmmmm... Celine Dion is singing.... guess she got paroled out of Las Vegas.

Pet peeve... people who can't tell the difference between Japanese people and Chinese people. The critically acclaimed Chinese movie (Infernal Affairs) that the Departed was based on... was not a Japanese movie as the dumbass announcer just announced.

I'm beginning to like the interpretive dance / silhouette
segments... they're short, but they are visually stunning. I just saw the ones for Happy Feet, Little Miss Sunshine, The Devil Wears Prada, and the Departed. The Dance troupe is called Pilobolus. Some of their work here and here's the footage from the Oscars.

So let me get this straight, Dreamgirls had 3 songs nominated for best original song, and it still lost? And who would think that the movie that would win for best song is an Inconvenient Truth? Good thing I don't bet on sports and Oscar awards...

This was the best song
sung at the Oscars.

Though I would've loved for Little Miss Sunshine to
win best picture, I'm happy the Departed won. Below are some Red Carpet Photos... that I personally think were the best of the night. I'm not an expert, but I know what I like.

Kate Winslet
Helen Mirren
Gwyneth Paltrow
Sacha Baron Cohen and Isla FisherPortia De RossiAnne Hathaway
Rachel Weisz

LeeZy

No comments: